Elite Plus™ Sod
Our most popular cool-season turfgrass is a blend of improved fescue and bluegrass which has year-round dark green color. The “Plus” is that it will gradually repair minor damage over time without the need for reseeding. It has a medium leaf blade, disease resistance, partial shade tolerance and a deep root system for drought tolerance. It is easy to care for and adapts well to the varied climates and soils of the West.
- Species: Dwarf Tall Fescue/Bluegrass Blend.
- Growing Rate: Summer 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches per week
Winter 1/4 to 3/4 inches per week.
- Root Depth: 2 to 4 feet depending on type of soil and watering.
- Soils Range: Fair tolerance to saline soil conditions. Amendments are recommended for heavy clay soils to promote drainage.
- Temperature Tolerance: 10°F to 110°F.
- Shade Tolerance: Prefers full sun, but adapts to 50% shade.
- Size: 5 to 10 sq. ft. per piece, depending upon market.
- Big Rolls: 200 to 500 sq. ft.
- Soil Thickness: 1/2 inch +/- 1/8 inch + top growth.
- Weight: 2,500 to 3,000 lbs. per pallet.
- Weed Free: Grown from 100% Weed Free seed – 98% purity (2% inert maximum).